I have been updating you guys a lot about Mission 21 and what my part is in helping with this place. Now, I'm overwhelmed and pretty upset with people right now. It just seems like I can simply just say I don't like people at all. So, this Mission 21 thing is all volunteer and people are in it that have a passion for it or what something to change. For our first minor assignment we were asked to put together two tri-folds. We were given two weeks to do it. We decided to divide up the group of ten of us into two different groups. After that, each group divided up the sections of the board to do so no one would do all the work. Now, I have a great passion for this so I did my part of the work. Nobody else in the group and I mean entire group did anything for it. Now, three weeks later I'm doing both boards with little to no help at all and on top of that I have to get my presentation done. I am feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. I spent my day off of work in the library for five hours today working on just one poster board. It's not even done yet, and I still have one more to do with no time to do it. God, if you're out there and listening I sure could use some help and time.
After dealing with all of these people that say they have a passion for this it made me think what does it mean to have a passion?
Passion;
To be acutely interested in it, willing to put substantial energy into promoting it, willing to sacrifice for it, and hardly able to
keep from talking about it.
How do we obtain divine passion for ourselves?
God places His passion within us when He gives us the Holy
Spirit. But it lies dormant unless we present our bodies to Him as
a living sacrifice. In other words, God brings His passion to life
in those who are willing to sacrifice.
Is this my passion? What's your passion? Words of advice
I'm glad you're passionate about this. Run with that passion because it seems to be God given.
ReplyDeleteBut remember: God gave you this passion not everyone this passion. We can't force our passions on others. You should try to spread your passion, but it can't be forced. You'll just need to realize that you will have more of a passion for this than 99% of the people you come across.