Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Raise your voice

I bet you all are wondering how my presentation went? We'll get to that a little later. I'm going to start with when I first woke up in the morning. I woke up with a sore throat and a headache. The first thing I thought oh no this can't happen now, I can only get sick after my presentation. Mind over matter right? I went to class, then bible study, then I met with my group. We had to give our presentation in front of Kimber because she wasn't going to be at the meeting later that night. Let's just  say she was not impressed at all what so ever. She ripped us apart and told us we didn't have enough emotion behind it. After that, she still did not like the boards I had done because she forgot to print off the map for me to put on it. I ended up having to go get it done and print off all the other pictures on it. I had finally had it done. Through out the whole day though I kept losing the flash drive with our presentation on it. I found it though just in time to do our presentation though! We got to the ballroom a little early so we could set up. After setting up I noticed I couldn't find my note cards anywhere. So I called my friend Jason and asked him to see if they were there. He retraced my steps  and eventually found them in the parking lot. My roommate Lacey went back and got the note cards for me.

The meeting started and my friend Austin lead worship. Than next thing I knew I was heading up to talk in front of everyone. I don't know if any of you know I kinda have a fear of speaking in front of people. My partner, Mickey, spoke first. Half way through her speech she froze and handed me the microphone and ran off stage. I was thrown off and confused. I looked at the microphone than into the crowd of people looking at me thinking how can you save this presentation? Something came over me at that exact moment. I had total peace about everything and I wasn't even nervous anymore. I spoke and some how recovered from her little break down. I spoke for forty-five minutes some how about human trafficking with out note cards. Next thing I knew I was done speaking and I was surrounded by a group of friends praying. Over all this was the best presentation I have ever done. I totally felt the holy spirit take over. It wasn't even me speaking. God is so good! Thank you all for your prayers!

Isaiah 58:1 Shout it aloud, do not hold back. Raise your voice like a trumpet.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear! I'm glad you got to experience the Holy Spirit overtaking your presentation. It's an awesome feeling and I'm sure you'll feel that again if you continue to let Him do His work.

    ReplyDelete