Saturday, November 24, 2012

Still really confused

I can't believe that I will already be leaving home in about 24 hours. It feels like I just got here. It's great to be home. I love my family and friends so much. Leaving Rochester is not hard for me at all what so ever. I know I couldn't wait to get out of Waverly, what was the big rush for? I have missed the people here so much! I was so happy to come back to Waverly last Friday night.

You see I didn't originally plan on leaving Rochester till last Saturday morning. I was planning on staying one extra night to keep my roommate company till she left Saturday morning too. Everything was going great till I decided to put my things in my car so I could just wake up and leave the next morning. My friend Jason and I got into a fight. I got so upset I decided to just leave that night. As I was driving away I got a text from him saying I'm not mad at you. I had no idea what he was even talking about. He texted me the whole entire way home. I know I know I shouldn't have been texting and driving.

We got into a pretty heated conversation via text. This conversation actually ended up lasting the whole entire break. I'm going to share a few things that we talked about. First of we talked about modern thought, I don't really understand that, so if you know please explain. Second, he believes that God is all powerful, but he no longer believes that God has laid out a path for him to follow step by step. Now I kinda agree with it so I asked him to explain this and this it what he said: He doesn't even think God has a plan for us. It's all up to us to figure out. I sent him a bunch of verses in response to this message than I got this back: Was that written to you? What's the context of that verse? Who said it? Why did they say it? Do you understand it the same way they would back when it was originally written and read? Is it meant to be taken literally? Does everyone agree with your interpretation or are there others out there that make just as much or more sense that you have not yet considered? This is only two of the things we talked about. I have talked to a few people about this and am still really confused about this. One of my friends got really upset by this and asked if he could get this kids number and yell at him. My other friend gave be a bunch of verses to send him than hugged me, kissed my on the forehead, and said, "I love you and I don't even know what to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment