Friday, August 17, 2012

Trust Him

Let's flip backwards. Five moves, I think, and I end up in Rochester. It's weird seeing all of these boxes stacked up against the wall. This place that I call "home" will no longer be my "home".  For the next year I will be living without my parents. It's crazy to think how fast this came up. I'm scared but extremely excited to start this journey I'm about to embark on. My biggest worry would have to be leaving all these wonderful people I have at home. I'm afraid that I won't get that there that I do here. At the beginning of the summer I was given a book by a friend of mine and was told to read it before I start college. Well, I didn't read it. I only read the first two pages that was it. One of them was talking about overcoming obstacles.

Here is the one of them:

Everyone has obstacles that need to be overcome: health issues, family issues, learning disabilities, emotional battles. Whatever your obstacles are, God is right there trying to help you overcome them. He will give you the strength and perseverance to break bad habits and make wise decisions, to seek out healthy relationships and push through man-made barriers that prevent you from being the mighty Christ warrior that He wants you to be.

Here's the challenge:
Sit down with a trusted friend and ask some of those hard questions, such as,"What do you see as an obstacle in my life right now?" Be prepared to be accountable with that friend in helping you overcome that obstacle; set goals to help you overcome this stumbling block in your life.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome advice for anyone, and I needed to hear this. Thanks for sharing. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete