Saturday, July 21, 2012

God, Where are you?

Too often I hear people talk guiltily about feeling anger toward God. More often than not, we get angry at God over things over which we have no control. If we don't control it, God must - someone has to be in control!
It may be a failed relationship. Or the death of a loved one. Or our cumulative grief over the on-going HIV/AIDS crisis. Or financial worries. Or any number of things about which we feel we have no control.
And we feel guilty. We feel we shouldn't get angry at God! We worry that God's feelings will be hurt. Or worse yet, God will return our anger - and we all know how much better at being angry God could be!
Nonsense.
I say, Go ahead, be angry at God!
I'm going to be honest with all of you. I went to New Orleans this past week and it literally was hell for me. It was the worst week of my life. I don't understand why something like this would happen. Why me? Why this situation? What's the outcome of this? If God is so good than why is there pain and evil?( I know it because we all sin and suck(that's not a good enough answer for me))Why am I the one feeling pain? Why would you turn the safest places to be the worst place to be?  Why would you use your time for this to happen? How could God allow this to happen? How am I suppose to trust you? Where was God when I needed him?

No comments:

Post a Comment