I live in this world, but as a Christian I am not of this world. My greatest treasure, my relationship with my Lord, Jesus Christ, cannot be taken from me.
This earthly life is so full of disappointments, so full of pain. Sometimes we grow so frustrated by our unfulfilled human needs and our longing, but the most important treasure we can hold is living in us. We have our relationship with our Lord. We have His Holy Spirit. They are ever present with us. Human free will can get us and those we love in such a mess. We do not face this earthly life alone. He is with us always. We just need to reach out to Him.
I can't say I don't feel down sometimes, but when I focus my attention on Him - when I look up and set my heart, my soul, and my mind on Him, I have a joy that comes from deep inside and nobody can take that away.
Having a “heavenly mindset” is important because sin usually begins in our thoughts. It is there where the lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and pride of life compete for opportunities to entice us to go astray. If our thoughts are dwelling on carnal topics, it’s virtually guaranteed we will be sinning soon after.
How do we set our minds on heavenly things of the Spirit? Paul tells us in Philippians 4:8
Update: My best friend finally made it to basic today. After being stuck at the station for two hours, staying in Milwaukee than missing her second flight, and having to stay in Georgia by herself, she finally made it to South Carolina for training. She said it was just a crazy adventure getting to basic. The day she left was really emotional for her which isn't her. You see she's such a strong lady she feels that she shouldn't cry and show her weakness around others. I called her that night she got to her hotel before she flew out the next morning. She cried and said how much she loved me and she will never replace me. She was really scared to go fly the next morning because she had never been on a plane before and the fact that she had to do it by herself. She made it though and she was OK with the flying part but it wasn't her favorite thing to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment