Monday, April 2, 2012

Evangelism (The Great Commission)

I'm sitting here with my bible and my journal open getting prepared for this week again. I do this every year and still some how I can't spark up the conversation. You see every year my best friend takes the 170 mile trip to come down and spend a week with me and like wise I spend a week with her. Sharing Christ with her is difficult for me for some reason. I feel that it's easier to share with her Christ when she's here so again I prepare to share my faith with her.  Now that we are both graduating it will be even harder to keep in touch and make sure she knows Jesus. I know for a fact the only Christ interaction she gets is when she is with me. We have had little conversations about Christ that sparks when she comes and watches the mime. This trip however will be the last time before we graduate and she goes off to basic that she will get to hear about Christ from me. I have however noticed she has had some interest in knowing who Jesus is. She has been asking me a bunch of questions about him even questions I don't know how to answer. She is hungry for Jesus and I have no clue how to feed that hunger. So being the person I am I do what I do best and I researched about what to do. This is what I found:

Mark 16:15
"Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."

How to live it out:
Be a witness by friendship; Your love and acceptance can be a better open door for Christ than a tract hastily thrown at someone
Ask God for opportunities to speak for him; He might show you a verse you can use. He'll definitely give you the courage to speak when you need to.
Rely on the Holy Spirit; You can't talk someone into becoming a Christian. Trust the Holy Spirit to work int he person's heart (John 15:26)

Non-believers aren't going to hell for believing in other religions
Truth is Truth whether we choose to believe it or not. God it truth (John 14:17) He doesn't change (Hebrew 13:8)
Lost people are going to hell because they are sinners (Romans 3:23;6:23) Sin-not a faulty religion- is what separates our friends from God

1 comment:

  1. Good word. Sometimes the people we care the most about are the hardest to share the Gospel with. I'm not sure why but I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete