I have come to realize that I only have 15 more days left of my high school career. Woof! that's crazy seems just four years ago, all of us were awkward pre-teens ready to embark on the long journey of high school. Fours years is a long time, but it seems like it all just happened yesterday. Elementary school, middle school, high school; it all feels like it happened in a flash. People were not lying when they said high school goes by like a blink of an eye. I'm not going to say my high school experience was perfect. I'm not going to say that I didn't have some regrets, or missed opportunities. Every one of us went through the good times and the rough patches. But I wouldn't trade my high school experience for anything else. Everything that has happened to us, everything we have been through, has made us into who we are today. And it's these experiences, these life lessons, that we will take with us into the next step of our lives.
I'm going to openly admit I'm scared out of my mind to really be starting the rest of my life. I thought I would enjoy this more than anything, but I have spent so many sleepless nights worrying about my future. How many times have you heard someone wonder what God’s will was for their life? How many times have you wondered about what his plan was for your future? These two questions are the one's that haunt me the most.
I just finished my last high school prom last weekend. I have been told many times by teachers that if you say prom was the high light of your four years in high school than you have not lived a normal high school career. Now I admit prom was not the high light of my high school career. One thing about this is that so many kids have so many great expectations for this one night but many of these kids expectations fail to meet what they wanted. So I have been thinking what if this is how my future is going to be? I have been so excited for when I graduate and start off in the "real world" What if I have had so many expectations and when I finally get out there it fails to meet everything that I wanted it to be? Just thinking about this has brought so many questions to mind. Like also what if we all make a big deal about how our life will be after death. We will live heaven with Jesus but What if it isn't what we expect what if it's worse than we were promised or even imagine?
I can't answer many of the questions you posed. However, I'm positive that heaven will not be worse than we imagine. Rather, I fully expect it will be better than I could ever imagine.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your last couple of weeks of school.
The idea of not knowing what our lives will entail brings a sense of adventure for me. I have my nights where I cry something fierce because I can't figure it out, and I want to control it so many times...but in all honestly, I find myself giving it back to God because He reminds me that I can't possibly be strong enough to take it on myself, let alone control my life one day at a time. He has better plans, and I can choose to submit and enjoy the outcome, or miss the work God is doing through me. It's a constant choice I have to make multiple times a day.
ReplyDeleteDon't lose heart, you don't have to have it all figured out now. =) It's easier if you don't.