Sunday, April 22, 2012

Because Jesus is alive, We can be Holy

On my college visit last weekend I got to attend Autumn Ridge Church. As soon as I stepped into the church I just knew that this is the church I would be attending if this is where I go to college next year. Below is the sermon with a few side notes of my own that Pastor C. John Steere gave that day. Awesome side note about Pastor John he has an English accent!

"Many, if not all of us, regard the subject of holiness as either impractical or impossible. Yet one of the extraordinary results of the cross and resurrection is that, "we have been made holy" This passage tells us how, and answers the objections we raise at the idea that we can be holy people."

Hebrews 10:1-18

Objection 1: Holiness is Beyond Me
  • But Jesus made a Perfect Sacrifice
    • We have been made holy Hebrews 10:10
Objection 2: My past Prevents Holiness
  • But my Failures have all been erased
    • Jesus has made us perfect Hebrews 10:17; Luke 5:8; John 21:17
Objection 3: I can't Maintain Holiness
  • But God's Perfection is written on my mind
    • He writes it on our mind, heart, soul by the Holy Spirit
Holiness is a decision you make everyday of your life. It's not something you turn on and off.

Got the Holiness habit?

1 comment:

  1. Interesting blog. We are in the process of being made holy but we've already been declared holy. The process of being made holy sometimes seems long and sometimes hurt but it will be completed because He promises He will finish what He started.

    ReplyDelete