Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A letter from his Beloved


God has already chosen us for each other. That is so awesome to me! I can hardly wait to meet you, but I know I have to be patient because it will only happen when it is God's time for us to come together. Until then, I can think about you and pray for you and hope that you are thinking about me and praying for me, too. I hope so much that you are waiting for me just as I am waiting for you. I want both of us to do what is right. I want to respect you, and I want you to respect me. I want us to be able to recognize the goodness in each other. I want you to touch my heart with your goodness.

Well, the most important thing about the wedding dress is what it represents. The beauty of the white fabric symbolizes the purity of the bride. I want my dress to be that symbol to you. I want to cherish my virginity so that my gift of myself to you will be pure and holy. I want so much for you to do the same for me.

The world has cheapened and trivialized our beautiful gift of sexuality. It has ignored its awesome power to unite a man and a woman in marriage and to be the source of their greatest blessings, their children. I don't want us ever to lose that sense of awe and reverence for this wonderful gift God designed for married couples. The power of our sexuality is so sacred. It is important to me that you believe that, too. It's a "major". We don't have to make all the mistakes many of our older friends have made. We can have God's best if we do it His way.

So, why in the world am I telling you all of this? Because it's on my mind. I do think about you a lot. I hope and pray that we will be strong enough to combat the lies the world has told us. The things we do and say today can affect the rest of our lives. We do have to think and to care about the way we live today. You are so important to me. Our future is important to me. Our marriage and our children are important to me. That's why all of this matters.

I made a promise to myself and God to stay pure until marriage. As I wait for you, I hope and pray that you'll wait for me. I want more from you. I want you to be totally in love with God, to respect your sexuality as much as I respect mine. I want you to be a real, confident man. I want you to develop self-control. Be a man who don't let his desires control his actions. Control your desires. It's very important to me. I don't want to marry a man who can't control himself. I know the world says it's ok to have sex, that it's ok to date around. Our society is not supportive of purity. Our purity is a treasure. I can forgive and forget your past mistakes. And I'm interested in your future, starting now. When I finally meet you, I want you to be a man who's made a conscious decision to wait... out of your love for God and your future wife and family. I know it will not be easy for you, but doing this will make us much stronger.

Even though I don't know exactly who you will be yet, I think of you often. I wonder how you're living your life now. It matters to me, you know, because how you live your life now will tell me what kind of man I will spend the rest of my life with.

Will you pray for me? Even though we don't know each other's names, we can still pray for each other. Because God knows everything.


I want to be your wife, and I want you to be my husband. Neither of us will ever be the perfect spouse, but we can strive to please God and to do His will. By doing that now and after we are married, I know we will have the grace we need to help each other and our children get to Heaven. And, after all, that's really all that matters in the end.

So, future husband, I hope this letter makes a difference to you. I really do exist. Please wait for me. I am waiting for you.

Until we meet,

Your Beloved



Bottom of Form






2 comments: