Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Awesome message I wanna share!

So in a prayer group I had last week, My good friend Jamin called me out on prayer. Now i confess Im not good at praying/ hate doing it( by that I mean I don't like speaking infront of others becuase of the fear of sounding stupid.) I'm perfectly fine with saying a prayer to myself though.
Prayer is one of the most important and most powerful spiritual tools in the Christian life. Yet if you ask most Christians about their prayer lives, you will find that most do not regularly pray and most can’t give a clear definition how to pray effectively. What does it take to develop an active prayer life?
We have all heard people say things like, "I have tried everything, now all I can do is pray". I recently said to someone  a similar situation and I had not prayed because I felt I could handle the situation but now it has grown beyond my control.
Today I was doing a bible study with a couple of friends when I was reading out loud and came across this:



"I only pray to God about big problems and don’t bother God with the little things".  "To God, every problem is little". How true that is. We struggle needlessly simply because we do not ask. This is one of the craziest things ive ever come across. I literally was talking to someone about pray and how I didn't think it works etc...than all of I come across this. Ironic i think not! I'm pretty sure this might be the first time I've actually heard something from Jesus. My mind is blown away right now!

2 comments:

  1. You have no idea how much I enjoyed reading this post. Prayer does work and it's been proven to me again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember what we prayed together Sat. night? =)

    Girl, this is what Matthew 6:19-21 means when it says "Store your treasures in Heaven." Hold this in your heart as a treasure so you may refer back to that very moment to encourage and remind you of how God works in your life today.

    Thanks for sharing your excitement! I am also greatly encouraged by this! Praise our Father in Heaven! Keep sharing and encouraging my friend. Love you Quast!

    "For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard." Acts 4:20

    ReplyDelete