Sunday, February 12, 2012

Female Porn

I saw "The Vow" last night. I'm not much for a sappy love story, but for some reason I wanted to see it. I don't know why but I expect more than what I actually got. Movies like this are female  porn...Yes you heard me I said female porn. Unlike guys female porn isn't sexual, its romantic. Movies like this give us ladies a warped view of men. In a two-hour sitting this perfect man saves the world, romances the girl, and takes her on the ride of a life time. You watch this and you fantasize about your hero. You become aroused by what you see and hear on the screen. You desire it. You dream about it.

This stuff turns you on so much because it takes advantage of that God-given desire you have. Your inborn desire to be rescued and revealed as beautiful. For two hours you soar with the feelings of being saved by your knight and shining armor. And suddenly you long for the man on the screen.

Then you are released into the world of real man with real flaws who cannot satisfy the desire in you that was ignited by female porn. If you have a man, consciously or subconsciously, you are doing the same thing men do to women by dreaming of that supermodel-you are imposing and impossible set of demands on your guy. If you don't have a man, you feel depressed because you are so alone. The worst thing you can do if you feel horrible about being alone is to go watch a chick flick or read a romance novel.You'll get a man in good time, and all the daydreaming in the world won't make him come along any faster. It will only make your solitude more miserable.

So be careful, ladies. Female porn is every bit destructive as male porn. Protect your mind. Protect your heart. Refocus your energy and your mind. Where you put your thoughts, your heart's gonna follow.

2 comments:

  1. "Above all else, guard your heart for it is the wellspring of life." Proverbs 4:23 Awesome encouragement and warning chica. We girls needs to keep our fragile and emotional selves down to earth in reality...but thankfully our knight in shining armor has already won the battle and our hearts. He's the best hero of any love story, and He will never fail us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interested post. I think many women fall into this trap of fantasizing romance. There really isn't a man that will always measure up to those expectations.

    Men need to treat women better. Some women need to set the bar higher. But you're right, many women need to set the bar at a realist level.

    ReplyDelete