Thursday, January 26, 2012

What if my faith was different?

"What if my faith was different?? I find myself asking this question a lot. I mean what if I lived life with God as my main focus? Should that be more of my focus? Am I doing okay in my faith? should it be stronger? I was once told that my faith should be what I want it to be not what people tell me it should be."

This sectioin written above was written by a friend that I have become closer too lately. This has really made me thinking about how I am in my walk of faith. I know when I first started this blog I wanted it to so see how far I have come in my faith. I'm not going to lie I have come closer but not as near as far as I want to.

My new years resolution for 2011:

1. Not let the little things in life bring me down
2. When something bad happens just remember hey it could be worse and think how great my life is.
3. Become closer in my faith (build a stronger relationship with Jesus)
4. Mend things with my brothers (if even possible)
5. Figure out what i want to do when i graduate high school
6. Appreciate my parents more than i do.
7. Find a good mentor (so i don't keep all my emotions/problems to myself)
8. Get good rest on school nights
9. Enjoy Life :)
10. Take lots of picture with my Christmas present (thanks mom and dad)

This list up here seemed so simple at the time when I was writing it. All in all at the end some were easier than others but I struggled with a few of them. #10 was the easiest thing on my list. #3 was/is still the hardest thing for me. #6 I respect my parents more...but lets face it im not a perfect child. #5 Still in the process of deciding what to do. This is just a list of a few successes and struggles I faced through out the year of 2011. I would actually really like to go more in depth about #3.

I thought that #3 would have been the easiest things on my list. Boy was i way wrong. It started off rough but than got way better. I was attending church on sundays, wednesdays, in a small group and doing a one on one bible study, and trying to read my bible every night. I was really exhuasted but I was filled. It was a good exhuastion. Something I really needed and wanted. Than I was talking to someone and they asked me what all I did with my free time. I told them that out of the seven days of the week I was spending four days of the week based around God. She told wow you do way too much with God. I didn't know it was possible to do too much with God. I don't know why but for some reason what she really said affected me alot. Now I barely even do one thing a week related to Jesus. I finally know why this affect me. Let's just say Satan is really good at his job. I really hope I can get back to high point. If anyone has any pointers to help with this...it would be much appreciated. Again I would just like to reflect of the the statement I put above.

"What if my faith was different?? I find myself asking this question a lot. I mean what if I lived life with God as my main focus? Should that be more of my focus? Am I doing okay in my faith? should it be stronger? I was once told that my faith should be what I want it to be not what people tell me it should be."

1 comment:

  1. Girl...this excites me. Let's talk sometime, if you are up for it. =)

    ReplyDelete