Sunday, June 12, 2011

This is your life

So recently I have been hearing alot lately is....you have not been blogging lately. Now heres the story I have actually been blogging I just havent been posting. I have a few drafts saved and theres no telling if Iwill  post them or not? I keep going back to the ones I have saved and rereading them and thinking they sounds stupid. Honestly I really shouldn't care how stupid they sound they are for me and not anyone else. Its for me to see how far I have come with my relationship with christ. The other part why I havent been posting is that technology has been getting in the way. I find myself on a roll writing than ill get a text or a chat and walk away from what im writing. My friends and myself have recently relized how distracting technology is to me. I find myself texting alot even when im with my friends. I think it really hit me when I was playing a game with my friends and instead of actually talking with them and having fun I was texting someone else that wasnt even that important to me. So I have been feeling lately I need to take a break from my phone and facebook. I dont know if I actually am going to follow throught with it or not, we will see. To give you guys a update I turned 18 yesterday!!! Woo im an adult haha...not really. It was a great week. Monday I had a lazy day with a few friends, Tuesday I did my senior pictures, Wednesday I had a family bithday dinner, Thursday I helped someone out, Friday I went out w/ friends for a birthday dinner, than Saturday I went to bash on the farm. Overall I can say it was one of the best birthday weeks ever. I have found it really hard for me to just sit down and read my bible. You know like just sit down and read a passage. So I have recently just been picking a subject that has been effecting my life and my friends life. So if you guys have a subject that you can think of leave a comment and let me know.

A saved draft:
I was at a graduation party and on the video of the person they had the song "This Is Your Life" by Switchfoot. If you havent heard it stop reading this and come back to finish after listening to the song.  My favorite part of this song is This is your life, are you who you want to be? This is your life, are you who you want to be? This is your life, is it everything you dreamed that it would be? With a bunch of events in my life I have really recently just been thinking about who I am as a person and my future. I will be turning into an "adult" On the 11th. Now I have been teasing some people saying im an adult in less than 5 days but in reality I am no way in ready to be an adult. Like seriously why at age 18 are you considered an adult? Like all the 18 year olds I know are way immature and stupid. To be honest I am just one of those stupid and immature kids. Why at the age of 18 are you allowed to get some many responsibilites? Now going back to the song I can honestly say im not who I wont to be. Really I wish I knew who I was and want to be...oh well only time will tell who I am. I was reading someone's note recently can came across the question do you believe in God? the persons response sometimes. Now how is it possible to sometimes believe in God and than not. After really looking at this question I guess its true for alot of people. Like I really believe in God when he gives me what I want and the other half when I dont get what I want I still believe in him but dont trust him. Trust its such a big thing in our relationship with God and anyone in general. I know if my relationship its a huge deal. Its really difficult to trust someone you cant see or hear or feel ( I know for some people they can though) I would love to know how to hear God talking to me or when he's in my presence even if I dont know.


I will leave you guys with this...sorry its not a really finished blog but I promise to expalain more in my next blog.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the new post.

    I have loved watching you grow. I'm also glad that you realize that you aren't done growing. But guess what, you are well on your way to becoming the world changer that God has designed you to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the song "This is Your Life" by Switchfoot also. I am trying to figure out who I really want to be in life. Like in the last month, it really hit hard for me, I have been feeling insecure and I was worrying about the future and everything and I tried to remember that God is in control of my future and I dont need to worry about it. But its hard trying to find out who I want to be in life.

    ReplyDelete