Sunday, May 15, 2011

What's the real focus here?

I don't know if you guys can read this but these two "relationship triangles" are two of my close friends I guess this is what they seek in a relationship. The names are crossed out to protect the innocent. The top triangle says trust, sex, respect, friendship. The bottom triangle says trust, friendship, respect, sex. After reading this I'm shocked, embarrassed, but kinda ok with it. I know you guys are probably like what the heck your ok with what they say in triangle? Ya actually I am but I would change just a little in the order mine would be friendship, respect, trust, sex. Now I have noticed that too many girls these days settle for less...even including me. Now we all know the saying shivery is dead. Now I talked with someone recently about this. Now i said girls were at fault because of this but he said its guys fault too. It's actually nice that we both agree that were both at fault for this (thanks ginger). Too many guys don't even show shivery and too many girls deny the guys the right to show shivery. Well I'm not gonna talk to much about this because well first of all theres not much to say about this topic. This is well gonna be a random blog about random things that have been on my mind recently. I hang out with this group of people everyday in study hall. I love this people so much there so much fun to hang out with and they get me really thinking. Now only about 2 of the 9 people are what i would define as a christian. Now the guys always give me crap about being "innocent" now what really is innocence? A guy once told me that no one is innocent. After pondering this for a wail i have come to the term that he's right. Well in the terms of being a christian yes we are not innocent, but in high school term we are ( does that make since?) After talking to these people in the group and figuring about what they really meant by being innocent i guess well i would have to call myself innocent. Ok lets be real i have done somethings on this "list" of things that don't make you innocent. I'm human don't judge me. I'm really struggling with trying to prove these guys that I'm not "innocent". I just don't know what to do...so if you guys have any words of wisdom please share especially if you have been in the same position as me...thanks!

3 comments:

  1. By "innocent" you mean sheltered? Not really knowing the corrupt and sexual hints in conversations? Not catching on to the subtle jokes? I want to make sure I understand.

    I was the sheltered kid in high school, and didn't really catch on to the little crude hints until I was a senior. I treated "innocent" on a knowledge basis. The innocence in me was pretty much decreased as I hung around this more and became more aware of how conversations worked.

    Now, the actual definition of innocent is not guilty...right? So, if you are guilty of things (such as sin) you aren't innocent. If you are guilty of lusting after a guy, you weren't innocent. If you are guilty of lying, you weren't innocent.

    On the other hand, you can tell them that yes you are innocent in other ways. You are innocent in keeping pure from sex. You are innocent from killing a dude. You are innocent from cheating on a final test. I hope that helps somewhat. If I am not understanding your question please let me know so I can give more clear answers.

    Hope life is well! I wanted to see the concerts this weekend. I bet they were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what you mean by "innocent" either. However, I think innocence is a good thing. I wish I wasn't as tainted by the world as I am. Now, I wouldn't argue for ignorance, but innocence is good.

    Guys in the locker room at school used to make fun of my "innocence" or call me a "non-sexual". Maybe that was funny to them, but for me I thought it was kind of funny when they were the same guys complaining about an STD/AIDS test they had to take where a pipe cleaner like thing was shoved up their penis.

    So, I guess I'd say innocence is fine by me because when the others get in trouble they run to the innocent friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel like you need to prove your 'innocence' to anyone. What you did once is still there, but it doesn't completely reflect who you are now. You can make a new start with a new ending. Just know what you want and don't want in a relationship (of any kind) and stick to it. Don't let anyone tell you you are wrong for believing a certain way or wanting or not wanting certain things in a relationship at this time in your life. They can live their lives how they want, and you live yours how you want.

    ReplyDelete