Sunday, April 24, 2011

Thank You Westboro Church

I would just like to say thank you to the members of the westboro church for bringing a community together. Now i would not really even call these people an actual church. These people are a group of people that believe in the bible but they only pick and choose parts of the bible that they "like" (atleast thats what my interpretation of them is.) Now theres one thing that i agree with them which is that there are no innocent people. Today we are reminded that Jesus died on the cross to forgive our sins. Westboro Church is right that there arnt any innocent people, but Jesus died for us so we could be saved. I know that a bunch of people were ferocious about when they heard this church was coming to protest a funeral of a fallen hero. This church runs off of making people mad. Im so proud to say that i am a member of Waverly becuase our community decided to put all the angry that they had towards these people and help shield the friends and family of Donald Nichols from the protesters. I know that their was rumors that they didnt show up, but i do know for a fact that they did show up and they were not happy that they didnt get a reaction out of our community. Once again i am proud to be a part of a community that can be bigger than fighting. It also frustrates me that people think this is what real christians are like, which is not true. They use a false definition of the word true christian. Now to answer some of your guys question on how to pray for me...now im not gonna go into great detail but im soooooo confused and i dont know what to do anymore..pretty much i dont want to do this on my own but i am. Ok enough about me, i ask that you guys will pray for a friend, she's going through a rough time right now and really needs to rebute her relationship with God. She is trying to do everything on her own but she can't its gonna bite her in the butt in the long run. Just pray that her relationship with God gets stronger and that she knows that she has others to help her. Oh and i have been praying for all you guys that sent me messages and i would love to hear if anything has changed or if you have other prayers!

1 comment:

  1. I will pray for you chica. Know that you have wonderful leaders at Grace that are here to help. My nights are usually pretty free. You can pull me aside anytime and let me treat you to some Duos ice cream or frappes. =)

    I don't have all the answers, but I can give you my ears, time, and any advice I feel I can share with you. You're never alone. Use us. We want to be there to help.

    And how you can pray for me, I am still having this inner conflict within my heart. Pray God reveals His answer to me soon, or changes my heart completely.

    We're here for you.

    ReplyDelete