Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Love is a verb

So recently me and a few others looked at 1 John 4:1-21. Its a great chapter but its really hard for me to actually follow through with it. This chapter is all about loving others like the love God had for us. Now one of my youth leaders first introduced this chapter to me( little message to you( you know who you are) It may have seemed that i wasnt listening but i did actually get something out of it.) After much debating on what to lead my bible study i finally decided to due it on 1 John 4:1-21. After rereading this chapter a few dozen times i relized how convicting it is. Im gonna be honest i dont know how God loved on everyone, but he did some how. He didnt leave anyone out. Like imagine like the worst person you could everything of and Jesus going out of his way to become friends with them. Like i cant even wrap my mind around the concept. Well i was very nervous to lead any kind of bible study today especially becuase i was speaking infront of my peers. It actually went really well as soon as i started i wasnt even nervous like i usually am. It felt so natural just to talk about something so great thank you Jesus. Honestly i really think God just took over me today becuase usually i suck at anything to do with speech. Today out of all days i felt like most part of my group and not like they know more than me. It was pretty great. I had people coming up to me all day saying how awesome it was but it wasnt me at all that spoke this. Today wial we were all talking about this chapter someone told me a story about a sermon their pastor had told them..it went a little like this....What if their were millions no billions of people that a diese that was only cured with only one blood type? And what if the only person that could save all of these peoples was your own child? Would you sacrifce your own child? What mind blowing about this is that God sent his one and only son to save all of us WOW!!! This is just mind blowing. I cant even imagin trying to wrap my mind around the concept. Oh my gosh like freakin ahh...ahhh. Like seriously i dont know if i would sacrfice myself let alone my own flesh and blood. Well this is what has been on my heart for the last few days...ive had alot of stuff going on lately so sorry if any of you check up on this blog everyday to see if i posted anything. With the schedule i have i prolly will be doing this alot (random blog post). Im just going through a stressful period right now but also amazing things and opportunites are happening. Oh and sorry for leaving you guys hanging on that last blog. Last thing that i wanna leave you guys at is Why do we love?

2 comments:

  1. Because God first loved us. =)

    Also, I try to put my mind around God's love for us as much as I can...and I totally understand your WOW!!! It is mind blowing, and we really can't fully understand just what was given for us. The more I think about it, the more I am moved that God loved me THAT much.

    Chica, as Easter comes closer keep reflecting and praying for God to reveal more truth to you. You will be moved to tears as God slowly shows you more of how much He actually loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you that you could do it. I'm proud of you for leading so well.

    Also, I might steal the story about the blood and disease. That is a great analogy.

    Finally, the more you learn about His love the more you will be blown away. We will never get to the point where when we say, "Oh, I get it now. That's how He loves me." That's what worship is all about, continually being outmatched by God's amazing love.

    ReplyDelete