Sunday, January 23, 2011
Lies
So mime had started up as you all know...and I play a demon again this year. I was pumped to play bad last year. I guess being bad didn't have much effect on me last year cause I really didn't care about my faith. It was just me being apart of something that made me feel so great. Well this year its been a tad different. Ive been trying to work on my faith. I feel a bigger struggle playing a demon. I feel as if saint is more taunting me more than ever. I'm hoping it because he think that I'm growing closer to god? but idk? I feel like I'm weaker not just physically because Ive been working out and i feel as if I'm getter stronger but like mentally and spiritually I'm getting weaker. I think the biggest thing that has made me feel weaker is that one of my friends asked me to lie for her...and most people would think oh its just one little lie...well that what i thought. But than I saw how big the lie was and who all it hurt. The weird thing is that i actually agreed to the lie. I dint know why i did..usually i would have said no and hold her why..but i just went with it. Ik in the long run it will come back and get us both in trouble...i really wish i could take it back...so does this make me a bad person?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i think it would be a bigger deal if you didn't feel like you do now. the ten commandments go from extremity to small. lie may lie on the small part of it to most people but the bible tells us that we should take them all at the same serious as the other. that a lie should be like murder. it even notes that if your to talk about someone badly your committing murder. the fact your pondering this, and feeling bad that you lied shows that your repenting. we all commit sins, but because of Jesus we can be forgiven.
ReplyDeleteDoes this make you a bad person? Yes and no Guess what Q-Tip, we are all bad people. The Bible says only one was good and that was Jesus.
ReplyDeleteBut also no you are not a bad person. No one expects you to be perfect. When we get closer to God we don't automatically become perfect. Rather, what you are feeling right now shows that God is in the process of making you perfect. He is teaching you a lesson and obviously you are learning it.
And Cassandra is right. Jesus does forgive us. Romans says, "God demonstrated His love for us in this: while we were yet sinners Christ died for us."