I have come to relize the problem wont likely just "go away" I do however understand that God wants me to be safe from harm. I was challegned to read Psalm 32 and write down what it means to me.
(Psalm 32:1-2) My transgressions are forgiven, my sins are covered and the Lord does not hold my sin against me.
A Forgiveness was a not a light thing to David. He regards himself as being "blessed" in receiving it. If we do not share David's appreciation for forgiveness, it is most certainly because we do not share his understanding of sin.
(Psalm 32:3-4)Unconfessed sin leads to a troubled heart.
At one time David thought he could escape the scrutiny of God; he thought it was possible to sin without God knowing it. David tried to cover up his sin. Many men and women today take the same approach – they bury themselves in their work, their career, their kids, their church or community activities so they don't have the time to think about their sin. All we need to is fall down on our knees and cry out with the publican, "Lord, have mercy on me a sinner!" (Lk 18:13).
(Psalm 32:5-6) Joy of forgiveness
By not confessing his sin, David was needlessly tormenting and torturing himself. So he finally confessed his sin to God. We read his confession in verse 5:
(Psalm 32:5) Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD" -- and you forgave the guilt of my sin.
This is not a quick "Forgive me my sins" appended to the end of a prayer like we so often do. David poured out to the throne of God his sin and his sinful nature.We cannot simply get down on our knees before God and expect forgiveness.
This Psalm tells us about the burden of guilt, the need for confession, and the joy of forgiveness. The main point of Psalm 32 is that if we confess our sins, God – out of grace – will forgive us our sins. First, we are forgiven by grace and through faith. Second, God wants us to confess our sins to Him so we can live in the joy of forgiveness.
No comments:
Post a Comment