Thursday, October 28, 2010

Pride issue.

So Go-Hawks made it to play offs! woo we had a game at Webster City last night. 37 to 6 I guess they were suppose to be really good!? The night was way cold it had a chance to snow. The bleachers were pretty janky. Every time we jumped up and down the bleachers would wabble everywhere. We have had a pretty good season this year for freshman, JV, and v. The next game we have is at Decorah! We only lost 1 game against West Delaware. The saddest thing is our last home game we were voted worst fan/crowd members. Why don't we all have sports man ship. Like seriously its just football. I mean don't get me wrong i love watching football and cheering for my team, but we don't have to put down the other team they already feel bad enough getting defeated. Well for all of the teams we played out their I'm way sorry for or fan/crowd behavior. Finding this out kinda reminded me of how mean i can be sometimes. I have been trying so hard just not to say a little comment that someone might say that their not affected by but they really are. I was listening to this song in the car early on the way to cedar falls....

It's crowded in worship today
As she slips in
Trying to fade into the faces
The girls' teasing laughter is carrying farther than they know
Farther than they know

CHORUS
But if we are the Body
Why aren't His arms reaching
Why aren't His hands healing
Why aren't His words teaching
And if we are the Body
Why aren't His feet going
Why is His love not showing them there is a way
There is a way

A traveler is far away from home
He sheds his coat
And quietly sinks into the back row
The weight of their judgmental glances tells him that his chances
Are better out on the road

CHORUS
But if we are the Body
Why aren't His arms reaching
Why aren't His hands healing
Why aren't His words teaching
And if we are the Body
Why aren't His feet going
Why is His love not showing them there is a way

Jesus paid much too high a price
For us to pick and choose who should come
And we are the Body of Christ

Chorus (2x)
If we are the body
Why aren't His arms reaching
Why aren't His hands healing
Why aren't His words teaching
And if we are the body
Why aren't His feet going
Why is His love not showing them there is a way

Jesus is the way
This song really hit me today...it just shows me that even though i say I'm a christian i don't always act it. Like i said before easier said than done. My favorite part is the chorus...why aren't we doing more to show his ways? I know I'm guilty of this i mean i don't want to get made fun of or stand out in the crowd. I don't want to be looked or laughed at. Its crazy how someone will give up their life for us and we don't even have the courage to stand up for him.

1 comment:

  1. True story Q-Tip. I feel many times like I'm not brave enough to stand up for others when they are getting picked on. But you're right if Jesus can die for me, why can't I just say, "Hey, stop it" to some punks.

    I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete